The best thing about baking is that your kids and hopefully you too get to eat their products once they are finished!
I happened to have at some time or other acquired a numerous cookie cutters which proved very useful!
This is the recipe we used.
|350g / 12oz plain flour|
|175g / 6oz light soft brown sugar|
|100g / 4oz butter|
|1 medium egg|
|4 tablespoons of golden syrup|
|1 teaspoon bicarbonate of soda|
|1½ teaspoon of ground ginger|
1. Put the flour, ginger, butter and bicarb into a bowl and get the kids to rub it all together.
2. add the other ingredients (egg and syrup) and knead into a dough – quite tough I had to do this bit.
3.heat the oven up to 180ºC.
4. roll out the dough to a 1/2cm thickness
6. cook in the oven for 10 mins.
7. allow to cool and then decorate
I found this recipe was quite nice – not too gingery – but it was a bit dry when it got to the kneading so I added a dash of vanilla essence as well.