My kids, like me, love pancakes!
We often have them at weekends as a fun breakfast treat – during the week, we spend the morning racing around getting everyone ready and out the door, there just isn’t enough time!
The recipe we use is :
100g plain flour
pinch of salt
Oil for the pan
Put your flour and salt into a bowl
Make a well in the centre and add your eggs and oil.
Heat some oil in a pan and then carefully use some kitchen roll to remove some of it, so the pan is not too oily – if it is that’s ok it just means your first pancake will be a bit more oily!
Ladel in your mixture and swirl it around the pan so that you have a good coating on the pan.
Flip your pancake – either using the spatula or if you are braver by tossing it inot the air.
Give it another 30 seconds or so cooking on the other side and ta- dah!
Top it, roll it up and eat it.
Here are some of our favourite toppings:
Banana with chocolate sauce
Strawberries and Cream
Lemon and Sugar
Chocolate sauce and Marshmallows
Apple and Cinnamon
Cheese and Ham
What’s your favourite pancake topping?
- 100g flour
- pinch of salt
- 2 eggs
- 1 tbsp oil
- 300ml milk
- Put flour and salt in a bowl
- Make a well in the centre and crack the eggs into it
- Add the oil and start to mix
- Slowly add the milk bit by bit whilst continuously whisking
- Heat some oil in a pan
- Add a ladel of mix and let cook for a couple of minutes
- Flip or toss the pancake and let it cook for a further 30 seconds on the other side
- Add topping of your choice