So while browsing Facebook this morning I came across a recipe from the Somewhat Simple website for Oreo chocolate truffles.
As a massive fan of chocolates, particularly truffly ones(!), I decided to give it a go with my son this afternoon.
We substituted the oreos for some amazing looking double chocolate digestives that we saw in the corner shop!
1 packet of chocolate digestives, crushed
1 regular sized tub of philadelphia
1 milk chocolate bar
1 teaspoon caster sugar
1. Mix together the crushed biscuits, cream cheese and sugar.
2. Roll into small balls and chill in the fridge for 1/2 hour.
3. Melt the chocolate.
4. Roll the balls in the melted chocolate and place on baking tray
5. Sprinkle with cocoa powder and refrigerate until hard.
- 1 packet chocolate digestive biscuits, crushed
- 1 regular sized tub of cream cheese
- 1 milk chocolate bar (150g)
- 1 teaspoon caster sugar
- Cocoa Powder
- Mix together the crushed biscuits and cream cheese
- Roll into small balls and chill for a little while
- Melt the chocolate
- Roll the chilled balls in the melted chocolate and place a baking sheet
- Sprinkle with cocoa powder and refrigerate until the chocolate has set