Before all of our Halloween Pumpkins went mouldy, we rescued some of the flesh and made some pumpkin puree!
Did you know pumpkin puree can be used in numerous different recipes and ways?
As we are slight chocolate fans, we used it to make this lovely cookie recipe from InsideBruCrewLife.
Here is the recipe:
Now you can just make normal cookies with this recipe, but we decided to try something different, and as this mix makes quite cakey cookies, as well as a few little cookies – which the kids polished off in about 5 minutes flat! – we also made 2 7″ round cookie pizzas.
And yes they are amazing!!
Here is how to do it:
1. Cream the brown sugar and oil together
2. Mix all the other dry ingredients together
3. Mix the puree, oil and sugar mix, egg and vanilla essence together.
4. Slowly add the dry mix to the wet mix and stir thoroughly, adding the chocolate chips/chunks at this stage
4. Pour contents into 2 7″cake tins – (don’t fill them too full)
5. Bake in the oven at 180°c for 15-20minutes
Then comes the fun part – adding the toppings!
We gave them about 10 minutes of cooling then spread chocolate spread on the top and finished with sprinkles.
Then we popped them back into the oven for 5 or so minutes.