I love quiches, but we rarely have them at home – I have no idea why!
I expect it probably has something to do with the kids liking them one day and then not the next..
It is even more rare that I have the time (or energy) to bake them myself.
Pastry can be time consuming to make, however, you can cheat so easily these days and buy pre-prepared and even rolled frozen pastry.
This recipe, for a super easy smoked salmon quiche, uses some of this ready-rolled puff pastry.
1 packet ready-rolled puff pastry
3 strips of smoked salmon
3 chopped spring onions
6 halved cherry or mini plum tomatoes
75ml double cream
65g grated cheese
First of all defrost the pastry and lay it out in the base of a flan dish and trim to size.
Lay the smoked salmon, spring onion, cheese and tomatoes in the pastry.
Beat the egg and then stir in the milk and cream.
Pour the egg mixture over the salmon etc. in the pastry case.
Bake in a preheated oven at 190C for around 30 minutes – or until the egg mixture has risen and is golden brown.
We served it with some wild rocket, potato salad and freshly baked bread.
But other options that would work beautifully would be minted new potatoes or garlic ciabatta.
Yum yum yum!
- 1 packet ready rolled pastry
- 3 strips smoked salmon torn into smaller pieces
- 6 cherry tomatoes, halved
- 3 spring onions, chopped
- 4 eggs
- 75ml milk
- 75ml dble cream
- 65g cheese, grated
- Lay the pastry in the base of a quiche dish.
- Put the salmon, spring onions, tomatoes and cheese onto the pastry.
- Beat the eggs.
- Stir the milk and cream into the eggs.
- Pour the egg mixture into the pastry.
- Bake in a preheated oven for 220C for approximately 30 minutes - until the quiche is risen and golden brown on top.