1 packet yeast
1 1/2 tsp sugar
1 tsp salt
500g strong white bread flour
12 fl oz warm water
1 1/2 tsp dried rosemary
Optional – grated cheese for the topping
1. Mix the yeast and sugar in with about 1/3 of the warm water. Set to one side.
2. Mix the flour, rosemary and salt together and make a well in the centre.
3. Pour the yeast mix into the flour well. And add in the rest of the water.
4. Mix well and knead into a dough for around 10 minutes.
5. Place the dough in a heatproof bowl, cover with a damp cloth and leave somewhere warm for 2 hours.
6. Once the dough has risen, press it down and form into a ball.
7. Place the ball of dough onto some baking parchment on a baking tray and leave again to rise for around 20 minutes, whilst preheating the oven to 220°C.