So I have been kindly nominated for a Liebster Award by jipsybird at kidskitchenkaleidoscope. She is a fab mother of two beautiful preschoolers and her dream is to open her own coffee shop. Take a look at her great blog 🙂 Thank you muchly jipsybird.
The Liebster award is awarded to bloggers with under 200 followers to try to promote their blog a little and also bring together a community of bloggers.
The rules of the competition are as follows:
1. Thank the person who nominated you, and post a link to their blog on your blog.
2.Display the award on your blog — by including it in your post and/or displaying it using a “widget” or a “gadget”. (Note that the best way to do this is to save the image to your own computer and then upload it to your blog post.)
3. Answer 11 questions about yourself, which will be provided to you by the person who nominated you.
4. Provide 11 random facts about yourself.
5. Nominate 5 – 11 blogs that you feel deserve the award, who have a less than 1000 followers. (Note that you can always ask the blog owner this since not all blogs display a widget that lets the readers know this information!)
6. Create a new list of questions for the blogger to answer.
7. List these rules in your post (You can copy and paste from here.) Once you have written and published it, you then have to:
8. Inform the people/blogs that you nominated that they have been nominated for the Liebster award and provide a link for them to your post so that they can learn about it (they might not have ever heard of it!)
So here are the questions jipsybird has asked and my feeble attempt to answer them!
1. What is the strangest food you ever ate?
Gosh no idea – snails, squid? Don’t tend to be very adventurous these days!
2. What did/do you want to be when you grow/grew up?
I wanted to be a farmers wife! Still love animals but never found the farmer to marry and settled for a wonderful chef instead 🙂 Oh and I run a pub for students. Living the dream!
3. If wishes were fishes, what would you wish for?
A bigger garden. We love being outdoors but only have a teeny tiny garden (although our last house didn’t have one at all so can’t be too picky.)
4. What is a favorite childhood snack?
My grannies cookies. The best ever and sadly she took the recipe to the grave with her although we reckon we might vaguely know it.
5. You are going out for a night on the town. What does your outfit look like?
Well in the past it would have been something short and high heels but now its more likely to be something long or smart jeans and flats!
6. What is one thing on your bucket list?
See the Northern lights. Anything that is once in a lifetime really.
7. Avengers or X Men? Who would you be?
No idea. 🙂 (cheating a bit I know!)
8. You have a fun evening planned, what are you doing?
Nothing! Or maybe going to the cinema with hubby.
9. Breakfast. What are you eating?
I rarely eat breakfast – I know, very naughty, but occasionally grab a really unhealthy bacon sandwich at work!
10. Today is show and tell. What do you bring?
Probably a photo album or photobook with loads of pictures of my family having fun or on holiday. I love to keep the memories alive, so we can remember all the good times we have together. 🙂
11. Books or movies? Tell us about a favorite.
Hmm probably books. My favourite as a child was a story called “the wind blew”. These days I will read anything and everything when i get the chance – which is very rarely.
11 Random facts about me:
1. I studied French at university and lived in Corsica for a year.
2.I played violin and clarinet to grade 8 standard.
3.I go horseriding with my daughter once a fortnight.
4.When I was little I had a really, really bad temper and once I hit a boy with a metre ruler.
5. As a child my mum and dad helped out friends with their canal boats so we spent a lot of time riding on the roofs of narrowboats
6. My favourite food except for Mcdonalds is Chicken Tikka Masala from our local curry house.
7. I nearly gave birth to child no.2 in a lift because the midwives wanted me to have my dinner first before going down to the labour ward!
8. We have a cat called Rocky.
9. I still fit into the jeans I wore when I met my husband over 10 years ago (recently discovered fact!) 🙂
10. I am a shopaholic.
11. I spent 2 summers as a student working and living on a beach in Crete.But now the thought of doing something like that terrifies me.
Not that easy!
So here are my nominees:
And the 11 questions I set for you are:
1. If you could live anywhere in the world where would it be?
2. Do you have any pets?
3. Facebook or twitter?
4.What is your favourite food?
5.Where did you last go on holiday?
6. Best childhood memory?
7. What’s your favourite movie?
8. Which celebrity would you most like to have dinner with?
9. What was the last thing you ate?
10. If you lived in a different decade which would you choose?
11.How long have you been blogging?
Thank you for reading and thanks again jipsybird!